- At Walton Arts Center
495 W. Dickson St.
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Monday - Friday / 10am to 6pm
Saturday 12pm to 4pm
- One hour prior to showtime
- At Walmart AMP
5079 West Northgate Rd.
Rogers, AR 72758
Monday - Friday / 10am to 5pm
Saturday & Sunday / Open at noon on concert days only
- Phone: (479) 443.5600
- Fax: (479) 443.9024
House Manager - Part Time
Walton Arts Center is searching for a positive, engaged, talented and qualified individuals for part time House Managers to work mostly evenings and weekends. The position provides leadership, problem solving and support to fellow staff and volunteers in the pursuit of executing Walton Arts Center’s customer service mission during all events - striving to make life sweet for our patrons, our community, and each other. Part-time house managers need to have excellent customer service skills and utilize good judgment to provide solutions to problems and because House Managers will sometimes be required to pour and serve alcohol all applicants must be 21 years of age. House Managers also ensure excellent service in our concessions area and act as Walton Arts Center’s gracious hosts for our donor lounge.
Essential Job Functions
• Strong Attention to detail
• Experience reconciling cash
• Strong people skills and ability to remain calm in tense situations
• Ability to understand the broad goals of the organization ability to lead staff and volunteers
• Ability to deal with change or ambiguity
• Knowledge of event management
• Organizational and communication skills with a variety of people
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to climb stairs
• Must be trained or able to learn First Aid/CPR skills
• Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
• Must have flexible working hours including the ability to work nights and weekends.
Responsibilities: House Manager, Part Time
• Maintain a quality relationship with all volunteers at the Center. Direct and delegate appropriate assignments to volunteers.
• Set up concessions or merchandise needs of the client or event.
• Assist staff with inventory control of supplies in the front of house area, report supply needs.
• Communicate with technical staff and patrons on the start of a performance and during intermission.
• Ensure all concession banks are accurate; report any discrepancies on End of Show Report.
• Fill out all reports and distribute as required.
• Assist with hospitality or event set up as needed.
• Serve as main point of contact for company manager during performance runs
• Collect and count revenues for all merchandise sales
• Be prepared to handle all emergency situations
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Previous work experience (2 years) working with special events, cash reconciliation and volunteers a plus; must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher. Part-time house managers will work mostly nights and weekends.
If you are interested in working for the Walton Arts Center, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the name of the job you are applying for in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. No phone calls please.